- To promote a network of organizations working for consumer awareness and the promotion of consumer’s interest.
- To strengthen the growth and outreach of the organised consumer movement in India.
- To solve consumer issue and promote the right and responsibilities of consumers.
- To promote through the purchasing power of consumers a “needs – oriented development’’ that will ensure socio- economic justice and environmental quality of life for all.
- To identify issues and pool resources for campaign, lobbying and policy advocacy.
- To provide relevant and updated information.
- To liaison with the government.